37th ALL PAKISTAN IEEEP STUDENT SEMINAR 2022-
Share this story:
1. NUST PNEC and Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers Pakistan (IEEEP) Karachi Centre organized “37th All Pakistan IEEEP Student Seminar” on 24 February 2022 at Bahria Auditorium Karachi/ Professional Development Centre NUST PNEC. The event was held in hybrid mode due to preventive measures taken under the COVID 19 SOPs. A sizeable number of students along with representatives of various Universities and Industry/ R&D organizations attended the event.
2. A total of 43 x papers were submitted in this seminar from all over Pakistan, mainly in the field of Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Microprocessor Technology. 18 x papers were accepted after evaluation by seminar evaluation committee and presented in this seminar, including 4x groups from Pakistan Navy Engineering College (PNEC-NUST). The event which was divided into three different sessions which were chaired by renowned Engineering Scholars from different Universities including PNEC – NUST. Captain Ali Shahid PN, Dean EPE PNEC NUST acted as the overall Event Head under the guidance of Commandant PNEC NUST, PNS JAUHAR Commodore Kamran Ahmed SI(M).
3. The Chief Guest of the inaugural session of the seminar was Dr Bhavani Shankar Choudhry, Professor Emeritus Mehran University of Engineering Technology (MUET) and a senior member BOG of Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and Pakistan Engineering Council. He emphasized on promoting ways to save our natural resources and stressed upon promoting the culture of indigenization in the field of Technology.
4. Commodore Shahab Qamar SI(M), Commodore Training Ashore Pakistan Navy graced the seminar as Chief Guest of the closing session. CTA congratulated PNEC NUST, PNS JAUHAR and IEEEP Karachi on successful conduct of the event and rendered his satisfaction on the impact of the seminar on promoting healthy research activities in the country. He is also vowed to render his full support for all such events and activities in future as well.
5. Pakistan Navy Engineering College (PNEC NUST) was declared the overall winner University of the seminar for the best performance by presenting and showcasing its valuable projects. Detailed results are appended below:
|a.||Design and development of suitable system for air pocket detection in refrigerator||NUST PNEC, Karachi||1st|
|b.||Interior Designing System using AR||Iqra University, Karachi||2nd|
|c.||Smart Concrete strength measurement device||MUET, Jamshoro||3rd|
|d.||Top down design approach for customization and development of multi rotors using ROS||PAF KIET, Karachi||4th|
|e.||Campus E-bike rental system||IUB, Bahawalpur||5th|
|f.||AI based anomaly detection and threat prevention||UIT University, Karachi||6th|
IEEEP MULTI TOPIC SYMPOSIUM 2022 (KARACHI)
7. All the winning teams and the Top University have been invited to the ‘IEEEP Multi Topic Symposium’ scheduled on 16-17 March 2022 at PC Hotel Karachi. The top three teams will be awarded Gold medals and cash prizes; and the winning University will be presented with the IEEEP ‘Running Trophy’.